TAKING A DIFFERENT LOOK AT OLOROGUN KENNETH GBAGI -------Zik Gbemre


By Wilson Macaulay 

In my own opinion, some elites are just scared of Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi being a man that can't be controlled like a robot. They call Gbagi all sorts of names without even knowing who he is. Some say he doesn't pay his workers. Some say he is too harsh. Some say he is too aggressive, and so on. But I think some of these people calling Gbagi all these names don't really know him. 

While some believe the negative stories about Gbagi, and some elites deliberately spoil his name because they know they can't control him as a robot. There are also some who can't get free money from him, hence they decide to spoil him all over the place. Gbagi being elected a governor of Delta State is for the good of Deltans and the State, in my own candid opinion. He is a successful businessman. If a man like Gbagi can use his personal money to provide business infrastructure for people to do business, then he will do better when in Government House. Apart from Felix Ibru, all past and present Governors of Delta State live on government alone, and they have refused to invest their money in businesses that would benefit the masses. They take politics as a career/profession, which ought not to be. 

Gbagi is a businessman who has created wealth and has provided opportunities for people to work and create wealth for themselves. The only past governor in Gbagi's category in Nigerian politics that I know is Peter Obi, former Governor of Anambra State. If Gbagi can create wealth and give business opportunities to the public in Warri, it means he will do better in Government. Gbagi is worth about sixty billion dollars and he is not seeking to be in government to enrich himself or steal. But to help develop the State. Gbagi will not allow individual politicians to share State resources, as we have seen with past Delta State Governors. I think Gbagi will build standard infrastructure. 

Many people don't know Gbagi is a philanthropist who does not blow his trumpet. I know of a young girl that has growth in her mouth who is not related to him, but he has taken over her medication bills. I know of many old people who are not related to him also, who he has put on salaries for years. Do you know that the oldest/aged traditional ruler in Delta state has been enjoying free overseas medicals/vacation from Gbagi for many years till now. The traditional ruler usually stay in his house in the UK whenever he goes there every year on medical check-ups/vacation? Gbagi is a man with a kind heart but most people don't know this. Gbagi doesn't tolerate workers that steal from him. 

Most of the workers who complain about non payments are thieves. In Gbagi hotels some workers sell their own drinks to guests as if they are selling the hotel drinks. Who will tolerate that? Few days ago, I wrote a note titled: "ON THE QUESTION OF THE EASE OF DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA-NIGERIANS ARE THE BIGGEST BUSINESS CHALLENGE OF NIGERIA!" I will advise you to read the above write up in case you have not, or you have deleted it. I do some level of business myself, and I know what I am passing through in the hands of dishonest workers. Majority of Nigerians don't want to work and they believe in stealing, and they will say "where man dey work nai he dey chop". Every one can't be in oil companies? Every one can't be in government?  A situation where every Nigerian wants to be in government to drive free car, get free allowance, that country is in deep trouble. 

As for me, If you appoint Zik Gbemre the Chief of Staff to President Buhari, I will not accept it. If you appoint me as the Secretary to the Federal Government of Nigeria, or to the Delta State Government, I will not accept. I will not accept any appointment whether at State or Federal level again. I think I am too old to do any government job, no matter how big it is.  

Some of the people calling Gbagi all sorts of bad names are doing that out of ignorance, while some are scared of him because he cannot be manipulated, and others are simply envious of him. 

In my own assessment of Gbagi, he is too kind to a fault. I know every person has his/her own strengths and weaknesses, so Gbagi is not a perfect person. But the truth is that most people are just spoiling his name for nothing sake. I still remember few years ago when some politicians paid some commercial motorclists (Okada riders) to carry a fake rumour to spoil/dent Gbagi's name that he breeds/rears lions in his house at Off Jakpa road,Ekpan-Effurun near Warri. This created panic in Warri and Effurun, but till today, nobody has seen any lion in his compound. All of these were orchestrated by the hands of enemies and evil people. Those who were helped by Gbagi at one time are the people spoiling his name today. Sadly, some of them have benefitted from him. Some of them want Gbagi to pay their  rents, pay their children school fees, build houses for them, and once he refuses, they will name him bad name. 

I was told of a man I thought was a sincere Clergy, whom Gbagi gave ten thousand dollars, but the man insisted that he must be given fifteen thousand dollars, and Gbagi actually gave him that amount. I was told the man died recently, and he gave the representatives of his family one million naira when they approached him that they needed money for his funeral. Gbagi has done so much good for some people, but some of the people are the ones spoiling him all over the place. May God bless Gbagi's efforts in his governorship race. 

Some of our Urhobo people are just bad because how can you gain from a person and you will still go behind  to spoil that same person you are gaining from. 

I am not a politician. I don’t belong to any political party. I am not a member of the APC or PDP. I say things the way I see them from my own ordinary man's perspective. I am not seeking for recognition of any kind with this. I am writing in response to what someone responded online. That: "The man Gbagi is serious about this thing ooo. But people don't talk well about him that's my worry. Any way, may the will of God be done. We need some one that can move Delta state forward in terms of infrastructural development and creating an enabling business environment."  

So, for me, we should not conclude about anyone based on rumours. But on reality of what they see. I will not tag one as my enemy just because my brother, or my intimate friend has disagreements with that person. I can't be part of that disagreement, hence I look at things from my own perspective without bias.

So, in my own opinion, Gbagi is being oppressed by some Delta politicians/elites.  Donald Trump loves America and was a billionaire before joining government, but despite the fact that he has done well, they are still fighting him. The billionaires are fighting him in US. Our lord Jesus Christ was called all sorts of names by his own people, but today HE IS THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND. 

Zik Gbemre.

September 15,2020

*We Mobilize Others To Fight For Individual Causes As If Those Were Our Causes*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ijaws in Warri North L. G. A Appeals To Gov. Oborevwori To Retain The Chairmanship Position For Peace To Prevail

Delta Ethnic Youths Stakeholders Applaud President Tinubu, Congratulate Chiedu As Chairman NDDC BOARD

Comrade Sweet Otiotio (HOSTCOM) Youth Leader, Urhobo Ethnic Nationality Delta State Chapter,Congratulates Governor Sheriff Oborevwor on 61st Birthday